The Reflection Assignment and Discussion need be separate word document.
1. Reflection Assignment:
For this assignment, you will respond to the following prompt:
The works of literature you are studying in Weeks 8 and 9 focus on themes of gender and sexual identity. For this assignment, you will connect the theme presented in one work of literature in these weeks to another theme discussed in this course and a work of literature that focuses on that theme. Your assignment should consider these questions in a well developed essay:
- How do the themes overlap?
- How do the themes differ?
- In which work is the theme more complex? Explain why, and support your position with references to the work. Use at least one direct quote.
- Which work most challenges the reader to see and feel the experiences that the writer is trying to portray? Explain your position, and support your position with references to the work. Use at least one direct quote.
- In which work does the style of the writing most impact the reader? Why? Explain your position, and support your position with references to the work. Use at least one direct quote.
- Your assignment should discuss a work by one author you read in Weeks 8 or 9, as well as a work by one author you read in relationship to another of the course’s themes. Other themes from the course include modernism (Weeks 1 and 2), race and ethnicity (Weeks 3 and 4), and war and nationalism (Weeks 6 and 7).
As in all of your writing for this course, remember to be original in your writing. Do not simply retell information you learned from course materials.
In addition to submitting your Week 9 Assignment through the assignment dropbox, also post your paper to this discussion board, to share with your peers.
Then read or view two of your peers’ assignments and post responses that explain how the ideas expressed in their assignments connect to, differ from, or expand your understanding of the themes and works discussed.
A goal of this activity is to ensure that all students receive feedback on their assignments. Please choose to read or view assignments that no one else has responded to, unless all assignments have received feedback.