COMMUNICATION AND GENDERED COMMUNICATION
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Critically analyze issues related to gender and communication.
- Distinguish between communication and gendered communication.
- Explain the impact of communication and gendered communication on personal and professional relationships.
- Competency 3: Compare and contrast both verbal and nonverbal communication differences between men and women.
- Compare personal ideas and documented ideas about communication and gendered communication.
- Competency 4: Identify effective leadership strategies which promote effective communication between men and women.
- Analyze the impact of communication and gendered communication on workplace communication.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate in a concise, balanced, and organized manner, and include scholarly, high-quality resources.
Up to this point you have learned a lot about communication and gendered communication. In this assignment, you are asked to show your understanding of these concepts. For this assignment, write a 3–4 page paper in which you distinguish between communication and gendered communication, specifically focusing on:
- What the difference is between the two concepts?
- How do they affect the workplace and our personal and professional relationships?
- What role does gender play in the communication process?
Be sure to include and define (if applicable) the key items identified in chapters 1 and 2 of your Wood text.
You should use at least four resources, most of which should come from the Capella Library. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout the paper. Note: If you use Internet sources, they must to be credible. For example, Wikipedia and YouTube are not credible resources.
To ensure you have met all of the requirements for this assignment, read the Communication and Gendered Communication Scoring Guide prior to submitting.