Using complete sentences, answer the following questions about the themes in “The Cask of Amontillado”:
- How does the author want the reader to feel while reading “The Cask of Amontillado”?
- What techniques does the author use to help you visualize the place, the people, and the events that are taking place within the story?
- How has the author described the characters to make them seem like real people?
- Does the author expect the reader to make an emotional connection to the story? Explain your answer.
- Think back to the events that take place in “The Cask of Amontillado,” and think about the attitudes and actions of the characters. Now, write a theme statement for “The Cask of Amontillado.”
The short story will be provided
Four to five sentences per question