The Fourteenth Century is referred to as a “century of crisis” for Europe. During this century we start to see the crumbling of many of the Medieval institutions. Out of this destruction, Europe rebuilds itself once again.
Part 1: Due on Thursday, February 3 at 11:55pm
2) Read this short encyclopedia description of Boccaccio’s Decameron. https:
3) Read any one of the 100 short stories contained in the Decameron. Go to this link, http://www.brown.edu/
From the drop down menus, select a day (from first to tenth), and a Novel (from 1-10), then press “GO”. (See the image and the area within the purple circle.)
4) Post a response to the following:
– Were material or psychological consequences of the Bubonic Plague more significant to the course of Western history in your opinion? Cite the readings throughout your response. (There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Choose a position and support it with information from your readings.)
– Which piece of information from the article did you find to be most interesting or surprising and why?
– Provide a short summary of the Decameron story that you read (make sure to state Day and Novel of your story). Which piece of information from Boccaccio’s account did you find to be the most interesting or surprising and why?
Do not post your answer as an attachment.