Write a 3–4-page assessment in which you examine scholarly research articles about a chosen theory or concept, describe the theory or concept in terms of your own experience, and explain how the theory or concept increases awareness of social perception, social interaction, or social influence.
Select one of the social psychology theories or concepts of interest to you from the list below:
- Self-perception theory.
- Agent self.
- Appraisal motive and self-enhancement motive.
- Self-serving bias.
- Over-justification effect.
- Confirmation bias.
- Actor-observer bias.
- False consensus effect and false uniqueness effect.
- Theory perseverance.
Once you have selected your theory or concept, search in the Capella library to locate two scholarly research articles on the theory or concept.
Use these articles to complete the following:
- Explain the theory or concept you selected.
- Describe the purpose of the study.
- Describe the research methods used in each of the studies.
- Explain the research findings for each study.
- Describe how you have personally observed the theory or concept in practice.
- Explain how the theory or concept, along with the research findings, increases awareness of social perception, social interaction, or social influence.
Your submitted assessment should be 3–4 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page. You are not required to use resources other than the two articles your assessment is based on; however, you may do so if you wish. Be sure that you follow APA guidelines for format and style.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double spaced.