Theoretical Comparison Paper
TOPIC: Technology can psychologically affect attention spans in its users.
Select a theory or principle that you learned about in a course outside of the HASOSBS—Department of Psychology. In selecting this item, you may wish to look at the materials you used during that class. Once you have selected the theory or principle, gather a minimum of six sources of information related to the theory. At least three of those sources should be from a reputable, peer-reviewed journal. Other sources may include articles, Web sites, textbooks, or chapters. Once you have gathered and reviewed this information, analyze how the information relates to your chosen area of psychology and in particular, how it is similar or different from a theory or principle within your core area.
Consider questions such as:
- How can this information be applied to an existing theory or principle within my core area in order to strengthen an existing theory?
- What theorist would be most likely to support this theory or principle?
- What practical application can this information provide?
The paper should be approximately 7–9 pages. Assume your audience for the paper to be co-learners in this course who may or may not be familiar with your topic.
Be sure that your paper:
- Identifies key theories in prior content from other disciplines or another course.
- Compares theories from the prior course or discipline with a selected theory in psychology.
- Identifies potential application of your chosen psychological theory.
- Review the scoring guide’s criteria for professional writing.
HERE IS MY TOPIC SELECTION DISCUSSION AND SOME OF THE SOURCES I USED, BUT PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE TIS INTO THE PAPER…IT IS TO JUST GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF MY TOPIC