3 page required -MLA Format
Major Essay 2: Rhetorical analysis of a famous speech or essay (100 pts)
- Choose a famous speech of essay and read it in its unabridged format (see me if you need help).
- Print out, read, and annotated the transcript/essay.
- Reflect on its use of basic rhetorical devices, specifically, Ethos, Logos, and Pathos.
- Write a 3-4 page response paper where you:
- Summarize the speech/essay
- Analyze the document in relations to Ethos, Logos, Pathos
- Discuss the successfulness of the language
- Use citations, you are expected to use these correctly at this point.
- Organize in proper MLA format.
- Submit an image of the annotated copy of the transcript/essay with your final submission to Canvas.
- Specific items to be graded: Thesis, Topic Sentences, Transitions, Paragraph Cohesion, Grammar, Conventions, MLA format and citations.