just found out that my 15 month old son has to have emergency surgery
and I don’t want to fall behind on the project so I am asking for help.
Here is the project overview for the entire project. I did the memo
part and attached it below. The assignment information is listed after
the review. There are two templates mentions which I also attached. I
attached the whole project because I am afraid that I might need help
with the rest of it as well so this way whoever helps me with the first
part I might come back to you for more help depending how my sons
recovery goes. Thank you so much in advance for this. I can’t afford
to fall behind right now I am taking three classes right now and I just
don’t think I can keep up with this part of the one class.
is the scenario for the course project assignment. You are assuming the
role of the project manager for a company (you select the name) to
provide a new product (Backpack with built in refrigerated pouch and
radio module) to a customer ( U.S. Army, Ground Forces and Special
Operations). Each week you will be presented additional information on
the project and will be required to produce a weekly deliverable in
support of the project.
project is designed to address the course objective as well as
incorporate each of the weekly modules objectives. You will be required
to submit a final paper on the project addressing all of the objectives
described in the project summary.
was recently awarded a delivery contract on a new product (see below).
You were newly hired by the company; you will assume the role as the
assigned program manager overseeing the design, development, production
and delivery of the new product. The details below provide a summary to
the course project:
- Company type (name your company): A small defense contractor located in the United States of America
- Company size (employees): 100
- Product: Backpack with built in refrigerated pouch and radio module
- Awarded quantity: 200 units (100 assigned to Ground Forces / 100 assigned to Special Operations)
- Program Budget: Proposed award: $1,500,000
- Customer: U.S. Army, Ground Forces and Special Operations
- Award date: September 1, 2015
- Completion date: March 1, 2017
- Delivery schedule: 100 units 12mths ARO (after receipt of order). 50 units every 3 months after first delivery
- Milestone Schedule:
- First delivery: September 1, 2016
- Second delivery: December 1, 2016
- Last delivery: March 1, 2017
- First milestone payment (from customer): October 30, 2015
- Second Milestone payment: January 30, 2017
- Final Milestone payment: May 30, 2017
- Initial Program review (at the customer’s site): November 16, 2015
- Subsequent Program reviews: 6 months after the initial review
Expected Result from Senior Management:
- On-time delivery for the three stated product deliverables
- Desire to complete the total program under the stated budget of $1,500,000
- All milestones accomplished by due dates listed
- Supplemental (follow-on) contract for future additional units (backpacks)
Your final project is due in Module 06. There will be individual assignments along the way. The module they are due is noted in the time line below.
Memo to Executive Staff
Identify Overall Scope and Analyze Unexpected Events
Statement of Work (SOW) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Quantify, Qualify, and Evaluate Project Risks
Finalize Project Schedule and Mitigate Any Delays
Prepare a Final Project Report
The final report due in Module 06 will be 8-10 pages in length. Included in the final project report will be the following:
- Executive summary
- Project background / project overview
- Major Activities / Milestones
- Project Closure synopsis
- Project metrics Performance
- Project Management Issues
- Project Closure Recommendations
Project Scope Document
assignment has two parts. In the FIRST part of this assignment, you
will use the Project Scope Document template (linked below). In the
SECOND part of this assignment, you will use Tab 2 of the Project
Schedule Template (also linked below). Tab 2 will provide you with the
unexpected events information needed to complete your analysis.
Develop the project scope document (no more than 3 pages long) to include the following information:
- Project Description
- Project Assumptions
- Project goals
- Project constraints (if any)
- Project limitations
- Project milestones
- Project risks (initial assessment)
Please use the template linked below to develop your project scope document.
The Project Scope needs to be developed prior to any analysis of unexpected events.
Analysis of Unexpected Events
a separate Word document, provide an analysis of unexpected events
using the Project Schedule Template below (the unexpected events are
located in Tab 2 of the document). In your analysis, you should discuss
four areas affected by these unexpected events. Three of the areas of
the project affected by the events should include changes to budget,
human capital, and impact to schedule. Identify one additional area
affected by these events.
Please submit your assignments in one zip file.