- Critique quality of the literature reviews conducted for two different types of studies- a quantitative and qualitative research. Identify and discuss the research questions, sampling and sampling sizes, research designs (qualitative vs. quantitative), hypothesis, data collection methods, and research findings. Discuss the credibility of the sources and the research/researchers findings. 400-word minimum/550-word maximum without the references. Minimum of 3 references (the course textbook must be one of the references) in APA format, must have been published within last 3-5 years.
Discussion Question:You are the Director of Nursing in an Oncology Unit in a large teaching medical center that is university-affiliated. You are concerned that the IV catheter insertion technique and orientation program currently being used with new registered nurses is not as effective as other methods.
- How would you perform a systematic review of the evidence on this subject?
- How would you design a new clinical practice guideline for the facility once the systematic review is complete?
- PUT REFERENCES
Difference between Qualitative and Quantitative Research
Describe the difference between the Qualitative and Quantitative research; discuss what type of research reveals better outcomes and why?
- Must address the topic.
- Rationales must be provided.
- You may list examples from your own nursing practice.
- 150-word minimum/250-word maximum without the references.
- Minimum of two references in APA format, must have been published within last 3-5 years.
Choose a nursing Topic you are interested in. Choose a nursing theory or theoretical framework that could be used to research your topic of interest. Develop a research question based on your topic [ (PICOT) METHOD may be used].
Explain the interrelationship between theory, research and Evidence Based Practice. Identify and discuss the research question, sampling and sampling size, research design, hypothesis, data collection methods, and research findings from a study related to your topic.
Identify the goals, health outcomes, and implementation strategies, if any, discussed by the researcher/s.
Discuss the credibility of the sources and the researcher’s findings.