The lesson on intelligence presents the range of intelligence quotient scores in relation to the Normal Distribution and discusses the extremes of intelligence on either side of the curve. While we hear a lot about gifted and talented programs in school, we dont hear much about it after one graduates from high school or college. For this assignment, you will visit a website devoted to an organization for people solely with high I.Q. scores. You will then submit your own thoughts on intelligence in general as well as what youve learned about this group.
- Visit the Mensa website (http://www.mensa.org). Explore the various links and read about its mission, who it serves, qualification for membership, etc.
- Provide a summary of what youve found and your thoughts on the organization.
- Next, discuss your own views on intelligence what were your thoughts on the various theories presented in the textbook/lesson? Be sure to link material youve learned in this lesson to demonstrate your ability to appropriately apply information.
- Your summary should be comprehensive and more than just a paragraph in length. It should demonstrate thoughtful dialogue and critical thinking.
- You must cite all of your sources appropriately in APA format.