Final Comprehensive Case Report Topic and Outline
[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4]
Please use the course book provided for some points of view in assignment. Also use scholarly articles.
Course book reference
Cite for course book: (DeLisi et al., 2019)
Please properly APA cite within the outline so I can locate material for the final paper. I have will also include my previous discussion posts and research paper submitted to give ideas- as this course is a weekly work towards the final product/assignment. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the article Adverse Childhood Experiences and Adult Criminality: How Long Must We Live Before We Possess Our Own Lives? (Links to an external site.) and the additional sources now present in the Killer Bio application (below) that pertain to youre the killer you chose from the Week 1 Discussion. For your Final Case Report, due in Week 5, you will explore, in depth, one well-known criminal case. Using the same client as before, consult your Killer Bio app along with sources provided throughout the course:
In your online classroom, select the link Killer Bios for a list of these infamous murderers. In that link, you will find several University of Arizona Global Campus Library sources on each murderer. In addition, there are some starter links listed below under each name.
Here, as in earlier assignments, the individual whose case you chose will be your client for the purpose of your Comprehensive Case Study Report Final Paper. That is, you have been hired as a mitigation specialist by this individuals defense attorney to investigate, analyze, and present the underlying biopsychosocial factors that you found were present in this individuals background and that may explain why your client committed such heinous criminal acts. For the purpose of your Final Paper in Week 5, we will assume that your client is facing the death penalty, and your job is to use the results of your biopsychosocial investigation to provide credible evidence that your client should not be executed by the state. For this assignment, we will proceed as if your client has not yet been sentenced and thus is still alive, even though in all of these cases, your client was ultimately found guilty and in some cases, may have been executed (or may be deceased).
Using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, examine the criminal behaviors involved in your case using a minimum of four scholarly and/or credible sources.
In your paper,
- Analyze a minimum of two particular psychological factors that explains the clients criminal behavior, such as specific environmental/situational, biological, or mental health issues that may explain this individuals crimes.
- Create an outline that examines a minimum of two particular psychological factors explaining your clients criminal behaviors.
Note: For further information regarding the proper format for Outlining (Links to an external site.), visit the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center.
- Each topic or step of the outline should include two to three sentences regarding what will be discussed in that section, focusing on the particular psychological factors that explains the criminal behaviors
- Cite specific examples from the sources that support your research and analysis. For example, if you find that your sources show early childhood trauma is a factor in criminal behavior and your client suffered early childhood trauma, or had a high ACES score, write about that connection between your source and your clients case.
Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload the assignment to your ePortfolio (Links to an external site.).
The Final Comprehensive Case Report Topic and Outline paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centers APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centers Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Below is an outline example from the course instructor: *note the correct format of an outline can not display on this text, should be APA
1.Thesis: My listed client, Jane the crazed serial killer, began her life fighting a losing battle. As a wee little lad, she endured a long list of unfortunate events, such as a lot of traumatic issues. Several medical personnel (and all of her ex boyfriends) contributed massive mental illness to her propensity to start wacking those fools.
2.Body Paragraph 1: My listed serial killer grew up with no form of a support system.
1.Supporting Evidence: Everyone one of her family members was diagnosed with some sort of mental issue, such as schizophrenia. Her best friend jumped off a cliff and her brother got hit by a bus. One day she was drunk, the day her mom got out of prison. But she still went to pick her up in the rain. She also had an inappropriate relationship with several stuffed animals (my listed reference 2020). Experiences like these are factors that contributed to her mental and physical issues. These risk factors lead to violence later on in life (Bartol. 2017.).