In Week 3, you were introduced to literature mapping as part of the preparation for a literature review. As you collect articles, the Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) Tool [PDF] can be used to evaluate their scientific merit.
This assignment consists of a research matrix. This matrix includes research concepts that can be found and connected to preselected published scholarly research. Five research articles related to the topic of first-generation college students and resilience at a four-year university have been chosen for you. Either you will use the list below, or you will be given a different list from your instructor. Some of the content areas have been filled in; you will need to complete the rest.
Fill out this provided Literature Review Research Matrix [DOCX] with research concepts that can be found and connected to either these five articles related to the topic of first-generation college students and resilience at a four-year university, or to the list of articles your instructor provides. The first article has been completed for you as an example.
- Garriott, P. O., Hudyma, A., Keene, C., & Santiago, D. (2015). Social cognitive predictors of first and non-first-generation college students academic and life satisfaction. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62(2), 253263.
- Johnson, S. R., & Stage, F. K. (2018). Academic engagement and student success: Do high-impact practices mean higher graduation rates? Journal of Higher Education, 89(5), 753-781.
- Olive, T. (2014). Desire for higher education in first-generation Hispanic college students enrolled in a graduate counseling program. Journal of Phenomenological Psychology, 45(1), 7291.
- Schelbe, L., Swanbrow Becker, M., Spinelli, C., & McCray, D. (2019). First generation college students perceptions of an academic retention program. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 19(5), 6176.
- Smith, K. J., Emerson, D. J., Haight, T. D., Mauldin, S., & Wood, B. G. (2019). An examination of the psychometric properties of the Connor-Davidson resilience scale – 10 (CD-RISC10) among accounting and business students. Journal of Accounting Education, 47, 4862.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the methodology used in scientific research.
- Identify the study sample in the chosen research.
- Identify the methodology used in the chosen research.
- Competency 2: Evaluate the characteristics, purposes, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses of research methods.
- Identify the main themes in the chosen research.
- Identify the research question or questions in the chosen research.
- Describe the theoretical framework of the chosen research study.
- Describe the findings in the chosen research.
- Competency 3: Evaluate ethical issues in research studies.
- Describe the ethical considerations in the chosen research.ï»¿
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of an identified field of study, using APA style and formatting.