Create an 8-12-slide PowerPoint presentation about substance use and addictive disorders. Include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide
- The current rates of substance use (percentages of use in your community and nationally) for alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, heroin, cannabis, ecstasy, and LSD.
- Current drug trends in regards to ages and states for the drugs listed
- How being a minority affects substance use
- Age of onset or age of first use for each drug and why it matters
- When a parent or caregiver should worry about drug use (is some experimentation okay?)
- The impact of adolescent substance use on the developing brain per brain imaging studies.
- The role family plays in regards to substance use and addictive disorders
- Which disorders have a high comorbidity rate and why
- Treatment options
- Detailed speaker notes that represent what you would say if giving the presentation in-person
- A reference slide with a minimum of three scholarly resources