Substance Use Prevention in the United States (Obj. 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3)
In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, examine at least two substance use prevention programs in the United States.
Refer to the list of useful websites at the end of Chapter 16 to help you successfully complete your paper. Make sure you choose prevention programs and not intervention programs.
Your assignment must include the following for each program:
- A description of both programs (who, what, and where), including at least one family-focused treatment model used in the program
- The goals of each program (why)
- How each program is funded (how)
- A discussion regarding the effectiveness of each program including those programs with life skills associated with recovery that are based on research
- A description of factors that address community and groups at risk for substance use disorders
- An analysis of how government involvement may enhance or hinder each program’s effectiveness
- At least four scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in your paper. Out of the four, a minimum of one scholarly resource should be referenced for each prevention program.