Read the Case Study Analysis.
Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Describe the process of treatment using this theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
- How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- Describe how your chosen theory supports the use of a constructivist philosophy throughout the counseling process. How does a collaborative approach change the ability for clients to create and accomplish their goals through counseling services?
- How should a counselor who utilizes post-modern / collaborative approaches interact with their clients in order to prevent undue harm, risk, or confusion from impeding the progress of therapy?
Include at least six scholarly references in your paper.
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “APA Headings and Seriation,” located on the Purdue OWL website for help in formatting the headings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standards: 2.F.5.a. Theories and models of counseling.