Complete at least two of the Implicit Association Tests (race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.) located on the Harvard website at https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/.
Write a 500-750-word reflection that addresses the following:
An identification of the test you completed.
A summary of the results.
An overview of your impressions (address both your strengths and areas of growth in your discussion).
- A discussion about how you plan to address areas of growth and increase your cultural competence as a counselor-in-training.
- A minimum of three goals in your plan related to increasing your cultural competence. Your goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound (S.M.A.R.T.).
- A discussion about why it is important for counselors to understand their biases in regard to racial and cultural differences.
- Include a minimum of two peer reviewed journal articles in your response (published within the last 3-5 years).
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standard(s):
2.F.2.a. Multicultural and pluralistic characteristics within and among diverse groups nationally and internationally.
2.F.2.b. Theories and models of multicultural counseling, cultural identity development, and social justice and advocacy.
2.F.2.c. Multicultural counseling competencies.
2.F.2.d. The impact of heritage, attitudes, beliefs, understandings, and acculturative experiences on an individuals views of others.
2.F.2.g. The impact of spiritual beliefs on clients and counselors worldviews.
2.F.2.h. Strategies for identifying and eliminating barriers, prejudices, and processes of intentional and unintentional oppression and discrimination.