To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the readings and the media programs in this weeks Learning Resources related to coding and analyzing the data.
Part 3: Results
During this course, you have coded your two Scholars of Change videos, you have conducted and coded your phone interview, and you have gathered data from the Walden social change website and any other documents or websites you might have included. For this Part 3 of your Major Assignment, you will write up the results of your findings. You will include the following in your write-up:
- Data Sourcesbriefly describe each data source including location, duration of data collection, how data were recorded, and unusual circumstances.
- Two Scholars of Change videos
- One phone interview
- Resources from the Walden social change website
- Instrumentationbriefly describe the type of instrumentation you used for your data collection.
- Who developed each data collection tool and what is the date of publication?
- Where and with which participant group has it been used previously?
- How appropriate is it for current study and include whether modifications will be or were needed?
- Data Analysisbased on the data sources in A., provide a detailed analysis to include the following:
- Report the process used to move inductively from coded units to larger representations including categories and themes.
- Describe the specific codes, categories, and themes that emerged from the data using quotations as needed to emphasize their importance.
- 1st cycledescribe, give examples.
- 2nd cycledescribe, give examples/moving from codes to categories.
- Identify themesprovide examples and illustrate your results with a figure or a chart.