The BACB is an important organization that helps behavior analysts achieve professional certification and provide their clients with excellent assistance and care; however, the BACB is not the only organization supporting behavior analysts.
Additional organizations such as the American Psychological Association and the Association for Behavior Analysis International also provide services for behavior analysts, including ethical codes of conduct. These codes can differ, and when they do, it is the behavior analysts responsibility to determine the most appropriate approach for the current situation.
For this Assignment, you will review codes of ethics from a number of organizations supporting behavior analysts, and you will analyze which code would be most appropriate for your future professional practice.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week, specifically the APA Code of Ethics, BACB Code of Ethics, and the codes of ethics for the appropriate professional organizations listed on the ABAIs Policies and Positions web page.
Assignment (1-2 pages):
- Compare the different codes of ethics as they relate to your future professional practice. In your comparison, address the following:
- What do you find different?
- What do you find similar?
- Make a determination of whether you believe one code should supersede the other.