PCN-531 Benchmark – Smith Family Case Study: Final Essay
For this assignment, you are to review the Smith family case study, research discharge/treatment plan options, and provide the details for a treatment/discharge plan for the Smith family.
NB: Create a detailed outline for the “Smith Family Case Study Essay”
Refer to Four Main Components for Effective Outlines, located on the Purdue OWL website for help in completing your Outline. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/544/01/
Write a 1,500-2,000-word paper, describing the typical characteristics, rules and roles of the Smith family as well as the details you would include as the therapist in a discharge/treatment plan for the family. Include the following in your paper:
- Describe some of the treatment issues that the Smith family may be facing in their recovery.
- Describe at least four interventions that might be indicated for the Smith family as they move forward in their treatment.
- Details for a discharge/treatment plan for the family that includes the following:
- Include at least four scholarly sources in addition to the textbook to support your findings.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
- Social planning
- Support groups
- Goals and objectives for the family
- Rituals and rules to try to abide by
- Relapse prevention strategies and how the family can respond to John when they are concerned about his sobriety