Immigrants often arrived with only the clothes on their backs and a single suitcase full of their most treasured possessions.
You are asked to write a brief narrative about an immigrant’s suitcase for this discussion.
- In your first paragraph, using your imagination and what you have learned, describe the immigrant who is carrying the suitcase
- What is their name?
- Where are they from?
- How was their journey?
- where did they live on the ship
- how long were they on the ship
- Why are they coming to America?
- In your second paragraph, again using your imagination and what you have learned, describe in detail the content of the suitcase your immigrant is carrying (not including any clothing)
- Describe 2 cultural treasures packed into the suitcase (do not worry about the size of the treasure compared to the size of the suitcase)
- Why would the immigrant choose those 2 treasures?